LANDLORD-TENANT LAW ATTORNEYS
Landlord-Tenant Law Services
If you are seeking representation or assistance for a landlord-tenant dispute, the attorneys of Connolly Tacon & Meserve can help you. These legal actions must follow strict timeframes and procedural guidelines. If you have questions, or would like to learn how to proceed with a legal action, please contact us.
About Landlord-Tenant Law and Disputes
Landlord-tenant disputes are a common occurrence in the renting process. Often these disputes can be avoided if both parties are aware of their rights and responsibilities. Many communities have regulations and minimum standards for living that must be met by landlords. Tenants also have responsibilities to uphold.
Washington’s Residential Landlord-Tenant Act
Washington’s Residential Landlord-Tenant Act defines the minimum duties of landlords and tenants of residential dwellings. You can view a full copy of it here: Washington’s Residential Landlord-Tentant Act
All tenants have these basic rights:
- Right to a livable dwelling
- Protection from unlawful discrimination
- Right to hold the landlord liable for damage caused by the landlord’s negligence
- Protections against lockouts and seizure of personal property by the landlord
All landlords have these basic rights:
- Receive full payment of the rent on time, as long as the rental property is in good condition
- Tenants should request repairs in a timely matter and in writing
- Tenants must abide by all terms of the signed lease
- Tenants must provide proper notice before moving
It is important to take action in a timely manner since Landlord-tenant legal actions must follow strict timeframes and procedural guidelines.